Statute in Full:
Repealed by Acts 2013, c. 119, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2013
(a) This section only applies to Carroll County, Cecil County, and Frederick County.
(b) In addition to and not in substitution for any powers granted under this article, the county commissioners, by ordinance, may provide for a comprehensive system for the regulation of domestic animals, including dogs, and wild animals held in captivity, within the county, including licensing and control.
(c) These regulations may include:
(1) Provisions for the impoundment and disposal of unlicensed or dangerous dogs;
(2) Provisions for the regulation of persons who own or keep any animal which disturbs the peace and quiet of a neighborhood, or which is vicious; and
(3) Reasonable penalties for violations of any of the provisions of the regulations, not to exceed imprisonment in the county jail for 30 days or a fine of $500, or both.
(d) The county commissioners:
(1) May regulate animals that are hybrids of domestic or wild animals; but
(2) May not regulate or control wild animals that are not owned or kept by individuals.
Amended by Acts 2010, c. 601, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2010.