A. A person shall not:
(1) engage in computer-assisted remote hunting;
(2) provide or operate facilities for the purpose of computer-assisted remote hunting;
(3) create, maintain, provide, advertise or sell computer software or an internet web site for the purpose of computer-assisted remote hunting; or
(4) entice, possess or confine an animal or bird for the purpose of computer-assisted remote hunting.
B. A person who violates the provisions of this section shall be sentenced in accordance with the provisions of Section 17-2-10 NMSA 1978.
C. When a person who violates the provisions of this section possesses a license, certificate or permit issued by the state game commission, the license, certificate or permit shall be subject to revocation by the commission pursuant to Sections 17-1-14 and 17-3-34 NMSA 1978.
D. As used in this section:
(1) “computer-assisted remote hunting” means the use of a computer or other electronic device, equipment or software to access the internet and remotely control the aiming and discharge of a bow, crossbow or firearm of any kind for the purpose of hunting, taking or capturing an animal or bird; and
(2) “facilities for computer-assisted remote hunting” means the real property and improvements on the property associated with computer-assisted remote hunting, including hunting blinds, offices and rooms equipped to facilitate computer-assisted remote hunting”.
Added by L. 2006, Ch. 86, § 1, eff. July 1, 2006.