The Animal Legal & Historical Center houses laws, cases, and scholarly discussions on animal law topics from across the globe. See the different ways to access materials from different countries and regions below.
The center has a comprehensive collection of several non-US topics. Legal topics introduce various animal law topics beginning with a general overview of that country's animal protection laws. These topics are organized by region and by country.
Websites on Animal Law
The following list includes websites that have an animal law focus.
- Voiceless Australia
- Animal Law New Zealand
- European Institute for Animal Law & Policy
- Center for Animal Law Studies - Lewis & Clark Law School
- U.K. Centre for Animal Law
- Fundación Derecho y Defensa Animal - Chile
- Coloquios de Derecho Animal - Chile
- Animal Law Reform-South Africa
- Tierimrecht - Switzerland
- Observatorio Animalista - Colombia
- Animal Rights Law Book's Companion - U.K.
Scholarly Journals from Around the World
Our web library houses several journals produced in other countries.
- Brazilian Animal Rights Journal (Revista Brasileira de Direito Animal) in Portuguese
- Australian Animal Protection Law Journal
- Global Journal of Animal Law - Finland
- Animal Law Review - Lewis & Clark
- Centro de Estudios de Derecho Animal CEDA Chile
- Derecho Animal, Animal Legal and Policy Studies (DALPS) - Spain
- UK Journal of Animal Law
- Revista Chilena de Derecho Animal
Search for Materials
Under the Search Materials tab at the purple top navigation, readers can access administrative regulations, cases, articles, and laws from around the globe. Our library contains materials from over 50 countries from Australia to Zimbabwe. Select your desired country and then limit by legal material type or even topic.
If you have any suggestions on legal materials, topics, animal law websites, or scholarly journals for the center to consider, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.