This Newcastle, Oklahoma ordinance declares it to be unlawful and an offense for any person to keep any animal within the corporate limits of the city except as provided by these provisions. A violation of this ordinance will result in a fine not to exceed $200.
§ 90.04 KEEPING ANIMALS.
(A) It shall be unlawful and an offense for any person to keep any animals within the corporate limits of the city, except under those conditions and provisions which may hereinafter specifically regulate the keeping of certain types of animals.
(B) If no specific provisions are listed in this chapter for keeping of a particular type of animal, the animal type shall not be kept at all within the corporate limits of the city.
(C) No swine shall be kept within the corporate limits of the city, with the exception of FFA and/or 4-H projects kept on public school property, and in appropriately-zoned areas.
(D)(1) Every structure wherein any authorized animal is kept within the corporate limits of the city shall be constructed of a material and in a manner that it can be kept clean and sanitary at all times, and it shall be maintained in said condition, devoid of rodents and vermin and free from objectionable odors, in order to avert the creation of a nuisance to the public health.
(2) Every structure, if located within 200 feet of any tenement, apartment house, hotel, restaurant, boarding house, retail food store, building used for educational, religious or hospital purposes, or residence, other than that occupied by the owner or occupant of the premises upon which the animal is kept, shall be provided with a watertight and flytight receptacle for manure of a size as to hold all accumulations of manure.
(3) The receptacle shall be emptied sufficiently often and in a manner as to prevent it from being or becoming a nuisance, and shall be kept covered at all times, except when open during the deposit or removal of manure or refuse.
(4) No manure shall be allowed to accumulate on the premises, except in the receptacle.
(E) The keeping or raising of bees within the corporate limits of the city shall be permitted only in those areas zoned for agricultural or large lot, over two acres, residential uses, and in accordance with zoning ordinance provisions. No license or permit shall be required to keep or raise bees.
(F) (1) The keeping or raising of horses, sheep, cattle and chickens or similar fowl, shall be permitted throughout the city, as long as the premises are maintained in accordance with the provisions of division (D) above and State and County Health Department requirements and standards.
(2) Additional restrictions on the raising and/or keeping of horses, sheep, cattle and chickens may be imposed by the zoning ordinance, without conflicting with this section.
(G) The raising of parakeets and/or other small birds or similar fowl shall be permitted within the city, without license or permit requirements, subject to the following provisions:
(1) All activities associated with the raising of parakeets shall be completely enclosed and out of the public view.
(2) Premises utilized for the raising of parakeets shall be maintained in accordance with division (D) above.
(3) All requirements of any adopted zoning ordinance shall be met.
(H) The raising or keeping of dangerous birds shall be permitted, in accordance with the provisions of division (D) above and the license and permit regulations outlined in §§ 90.25 through 90.29, as well as any applicable provisions of any adopted zoning ordinance.
(I) The raising or keeping of rabbits shall be permitted, in accordance with the provisions of division (D) above, as well as any applicable provisions of any adopted zoning ordinance.
(J) The keeping or raising of any wild animals shall be prohibited within the city, except for those wild animals which may be under the care of traveling shows or circuses, and for which the license requirements of §§ 90.25 through 90.29 are met and a permit obtained.
(K) The keeping of other animals not specifically mentioned or regulated within this chapter as pets, shall be subject only to generally applicable provisions which may exist to require the maintenance of sanitary conditions and the avoidance of nuisance creation.
(L)(1) No snakes which are poisonous in their natural state may be kept within the corporate limits of the city, except under the conditions and provisions of any license required for snakes § 90.26.
(2) It shall be unlawful for any person, firm or corporation to keep or raise snakes within the city, without having met permit requirements and obtained a permit.
(M) It shall be an offense to release poisonous or dangerous fish into any water, stream or sewer.
(`86 Code, § 3-4) Penalty, see § 90.99
. . .
§ 90.99 PENALTY.
Any person, firm or corporation who violates any provision of this chapter, or who violates or neglects to carry out any reasonable order made by any police officer, the City Manager, the Chief of Police or the Animal Control Officer, pursuant to this chapter, shall be guilty of an offense and, upon conviction thereof shall be fined in a sum not to exceed the limits established in § 39.08 [not more than $200], and shall be subject to revocation of any license or operating permit issued pursuant to the provisions of this chapter. Every day's violation of any provision of this chapter or of an order of a police officer, Animal Control Officer or Chief of Police shall constitute a separate offense.
(`86 Code, § 3-55)