(1) No wildlife or freshwater fish or their nests, eggs, young, homes or dens shall be taken, transported, stored, served, bought, sold, or possessed in any manner or quantity at any time except as specifically permitted by these rules nor shall anyone take, poison, store, buy, sell, possess or wantonly or willfully waste the same except as specifically permitted by these rules.
(2) The use of gasoline or any other chemical or gaseous substances to drive wildlife from their retreats is prohibited.
(3) Intentionally placing food or garbage, allowing the placement of food or garbage, or offering food or garbage in such a manner that it attracts coyotes, foxes or raccoons and in a manner that is likely to create or creates a public nuisance is prohibited.
(4)(a) Intentionally feeding bears is prohibited except as provided for in this Title.
(b) Placing food or garbage, allowing the placement of food or garbage, or offering food or garbage that attracts bears and is likely to create or creates a nuisance is prohibited after receiving prior written notification from the Commission.
(5) The intentional feeding or the placement of food that attracts pelicans and modifies the natural behavior of the pelican so as to be detrimental to the survival or health of a local population is prohibited.
(6) The intentional feeding of sandhill cranes is prohibited.
(7) The feeding of non-human primates is prohibited. Feeding includes the placement of food or garbage, allowing the placement of food or garbage, or offering food or garbage in a manner that attracts non-human primates.
(8) No person shall take or assist in taking wildlife using a method that involves remote control aiming and discharging of a gun when that person is not physically present at the location of that gun.
(9) Unless otherwise specifically provided in this Title, non-protected mammals and non-protected birds may be taken throughout the year, without restrictions.
Adopted Aug. 1, 1979; Amended June 21, 1982; Transferred from 39-4.01; Amended Apr. 1, 1996; Transferred from 39-4.001; Amended May 13, 2002, July 1, 2004, July 1, 2008. Amended July 29, 2015; Aug. 6, 2015; Feb. 11, 2018.
Authority: Art. IV, Sec. 9, Fla. Const. Law Implemented Art. IV, Sec. 9, Fla. Const.