The exhibition, sale or offer for sale by a pet shop of any of the following listed animals is prohibited.
(1) Chicks, ducklings or other poultry under three months of age.
(2) Foxes (Urocyon eineroarg-enteus; Vulpes fulva).
(3) Raccoons (Procyon Lotor).
(4) Skunks (Mephitis).
(5) Venomous reptiles.
(6) Venomous amphibians.
(7) Venomous arachnids.
(8) Turtles, except those sold or offered for sale in accordance with section 19a-102 of the General Statutes and Connecticut Department of Health Services regulation 19-13-A49.
(9) Monk or Quaker Parakeets (Myiopsitta Monachus).
(10) All animals listed under section 26-40a of the General Statutes as potentially dangerous wild animals.
(11) Any animal which exhibits:
(a) Obvious signs of infectious disease such as distemper, parvovirus, coronavirus, hepatitis, leptospirosis, rabies or other similar diseases. (Not to be construed to include incubating diseases.)
(b) Obvious signs of nutritional disease which may include rickets and emaciation.
(c) Obvious signs of severe parasitism-extreme enough to be influencing its general health.
(d) Fractures or congenital abnormalities affecting its general health.
(Effective April 26, 1989.)