Statute in Full:
A. The following shall be unlawful acts and are Class 4 misdemeanors:
1. For any person to make a false statement in order to secure a dog or cat license to which he is not entitled.
2. For any dog or cat owner to fail to pay any license tax required by this chapter before February 1 for the year in which it is due. In addition, the court may order confiscation and the proper disposition of the dog or cat.
3. For any dog owner to allow a dog to run at large in violation of an ordinance passed pursuant to § 3.2-6539.
4. For any person to fail to obey an ordinance passed pursuant to §§ 3.2- 6522 and 3.2-6525.
5. For any owner to fail to dispose of the body of his companion animals in accordance with § 3.2-6554.
6. For the owner of any dog or cat with a contagious or infectious disease to permit such dog or cat to stray from his premises if such disease is known to the owner.
7. For any person to conceal or harbor any dog or cat on which any required license tax has not been paid.
8. For any person, except the owner or custodian, to remove a legally acquired license tag from a dog or cat without the permission of the owner or custodian.
9. Any other violation of this chapter for which a specific penalty is not provided.
B. It is a Class 1 misdemeanor for any person to:
1. Present a false claim or to receive any money on a false claim under the provisions of § 3.2-6553; or
2. Impersonate a humane investigator.
Acts 2008, c. 860, eff. Oct. 1, 2008.
HISTORICAL AND STATUTORY NOTES
Acts 1984, c. 492, § 29-213.99; Acts 1987, c. 488; Acts 1993, c. 174; Acts 1993, c. 775; Acts 1993, c. 817; Acts 1998, c. 817; § 3.1-796.128.