Statute in Full:
OKLAHOMA STATE QUESTIONS
November 5, 2002
STATE QUESTION 687 INITIATIVE PETITION 365
This measure adds a new section to Title 21 of the Oklahoma Statutes. The measure makes cockfighting illegal. It defines "cockfight" or "cockfighting" as:
1. A fight between birds.
2. Whether or not fitted with spurs, knives, or gaffs.
3. Whether or not bets or wagers are made on the outcome of the fight.
The definition includes training fights.
The measure defines equipment used for training or handling a fighting bird.
Under the measure:
1. It is a felony to instigate or encourage cockfighting.
2. It is a felony to keep places, equipment or facilities for cockfighting.
3. It is a felony to aid or assist in cockfighting.
4. It is a felony to own, possess, keep or train birds for cockfighting.
Under the proposal it is a misdemeanor to knowingly be a spectator at a cockfight.
The measure provides for the forfeiture of birds and equipment use in cockfighting.
SHALL THE PROPOSAL BE APPROVED? For the proposal - YES
Against the proposal - NO